Unable to connect to mysql

Background: Cannot establish connection to mysql database
Error message:
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘ofbiz’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) [java] at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:965) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar:5.1.46]

Steps I followed:

1. git clone https://github.com/ilscipio/scipio-erp.git

2. cd scipio-erp

3. git checkout scipioce-1.14

4. ./ ant download-mySQL-JDBC

5. vi /framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml
    A) Replaced in that file derby by mysql in all three blocks:
    group-map group-name=“org.ofbiz” datasource-name=“localmysql”/
    group-map group-name=“org.ofbiz.olap” datasource-name=“localmysqlolap”
    group-map group-name=“org.ofbiz.tenant” datasource-name=“localmysqltenant”/
    B) Added mysql connection details
    Within “ <datasource name=“localmysql””
    j dbc-uri=“jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/scipio?autoReconnect=true”
    jdbc-username=“myusername”
    jdbc-password=“mypassword”

6. Created mysql database
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON scipio.* TO ‘myusernam’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘mypassword’ WITH GRANT OPTION;
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

7. ./install.sh

Hi wp.rauchholz,

is it possible that you got a typo in your GRANT statement? or the user & pwd you used there are fake ones?
I’m saying this because I see that you typed ‘myusernam’ instead of ‘myusername’ so probably that’s the issue.

This is not a software error, but rather a db connection issue. Like @minifreak pointed out correctly - the username & password you provided does not match the DB configuration.

I do not understand where the install procedure takes ofbiz@localhost from. This is not the user name I set in /framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml. I re-checked again, the username/password in entityengine.xml and mysql are identical.
I made the pertinent changes by replacing derby with mysql.
I have done this several times with ofbiz and it worked like a charme.

Grüsse aus Barcelona
Wolfgang

It may be in your localmysqltenant or localmysqlolap config… can you check that?

If you want, you can send an email to support@scipioerp.com and provide us with your entityengine.xml file

Thank for offering that. But as I am testing right now, I installed using derby.
I don’t have the original entityengine.xml anymore.
As soon as I have a bit time I re-run the install procedure and send you then

Wolfgang

This is a known issue with newer versions of MYSQL. I have yet to discover a solution or find someone who has. It does appear to be a database issue rather than a Scipio or Ofbiz one.

Chris

Hi Chris,

and welcome to the community.

I am unaware of any issues with Scipio in this regard and we tested the integration in detail for the last release, when we added support for other databases (like MariaDB). The issue Wolfgang ran into had to do with his own configuration and we were able to resolve the issue.

Perhaps you can try the connection and share your Scipio entity config with us? Then we may be able to give you a hint.

Regards,
Paul