RESTful web services

Does Scipio support RESTful web services and ajax? If so, what is the easiest way to implement them?

Hi Festina,

Yes it does. You may want to take a look at this topic, where we already discussed about that:

For now try to follow what was said in that post. If you have any doubts or questions don’t hesitate to ask me, I’ll gladly help you. When time allows I’ll elaborate further and probably provide a RESTful test component.

Also, we have added Apache Camel as a more sophisticated service interface which would give you all the interfaces (rest services, SOAP services, JMS, etc.) you could think of. That is currently not available as part of the community edition, though.

Hi,
Thank you for answering.
I would also like to know if there any possibilities to integrate popular javascript frameworks for the UI development, and if so, what is the recommended one to start with?

Hi Festina,

Our current themes are based on Bootstrap and Zurb Foundation so you may want to check those in order to give you an idea of what it comes out-of-the-box in ScipioERP (regarding to UI frameworks in general). These themes are in fact, what we recommend to start with.

On the other hand, if what you really want is a pure Javascript UI framework like AngularJS, I recommend you to check Paul’s topic, where he described the insights of a possible AngularJS integration with an example:

Would be great to reply there or open a new topic if you got any question or doubt about it.