Installation Error

Hello,

I’m new to the software and this is my first-time installation. The OS is Fedora 30 Linux
My goal is to install Scipio into docker for possible future re-deploy, with PostgreSQL database attached to it.
However, to connect Scipio with PostgreSQL, I need to download files into the container, which the Scipio docker image alone does not provide. Thus, I had to run a fedora docker container, then install everything inside.
I opened some proper ports for the container to download things. everything worked fine until I run the ./install.sh command.

The below error pops up.
lib-update-core:
[echo] [Deps changed? false. Was last retrieve attempt? false.]

classes:
[javac18] Compiling 146 source files to /opt/scipio-erp/framework/entity/build/classes
[javac18] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 8
[javac18] /opt/scipio-erp/framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/util/EntityCrypto.java:38: warning: [deprecation] DesCrypt in org.ofbiz.base.crypto has been deprecated
[javac18] import org.ofbiz.base.crypto.DesCrypt;
[javac18] ^
[javac18] /opt/scipio-erp/framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/util/EntityCrypto.java:38: warning: [deprecation] DesCrypt in org.ofbiz.base.crypto has been deprecated
[javac18] import org.ofbiz.base.crypto.DesCrypt;
[javac18] ^
[javac18] /opt/scipio-erp/framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/serialize/XmlSerializer.java:46: error: package javax.xml.bind does not exist
[javac18] import javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter;
[javac18] ^
[javac18] 1 error
[javac18] 3 warnings

BUILD FAILED
/opt/scipio-erp/build.xml:790: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/scipio-erp/build.xml:818: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/scipio-erp/macros.xml:302: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/scipio-erp/common.xml:93: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

After some search, I realized it may be that my java doesn’t contain the proper module and is failing the installation. Please advice.

Thank you.

Hey,

and welcome to the community. Which java version do you have installed? Please be aware that java 12 removed a lot of packages from the standard bundle and therefore is incompatble with older releases. Unfortunately, we opted not to migrate at this time, as the adoption rate of java 12+ has been really slow for the very same reason. So if you use a later release, please downgrade and try again

Hello,

Thanks to you, yes I had Java 12 installed. I switched to Java 8 and it worked !

1 Like