Exception in socket creation and log in doesn't works

I have installed Scipio from github and once that I started I got the next problem:

And also when I try to log in in the backoffice (user: admin, pass: scipio) it tells me that the user doesn’t exist

Hey and welcome to the community,

To get right into the questions:

1. The error itself occurs because there is a different application already running on the port you specified. Port 10523 is for admin access from command line and used when you run scipio as a background process and want to stop it. You can configure the port inside of /framework/base/src/org/ofbiz/start/start.properties. If it doesn’t stop the system from running, i think you can ignore it, however, unless you absolutely want to use the command line interface to stop the system.

2. For the second error, you probably didn’t load the right seed data. Did you run our install scripts or use ant for the installation? Which commands did you use?

I used the github files, and I downloaded the files, then I navigate to the path with the cd command, after that I typed install.bat to do the installation, finally typed /start.bat

Ok. I am assuming that you ran the installation for “production environment” then, correct?

_____    _____   _   _____    _    ____      _____   _____    _____
 / ____|  / ____| | | |  __ \  | |  / __ \    |  ___| |  __ \  |  __ \
| (___   | |      | | | |__) | | | | |  | |   | |___  | |__) | | |__) |
 \___ \  | |      | | |  ___/  | | | |  | |   |  ___| |  _  /  |  ___/
 ____) | | |____  | | | |      | | | |__| |   | |___  | | \ \  | |
|_____/   \_____| |_| |_|      |_|  \____/    |_____| |_|  \_\ |_|

============ INSTALLER ==============

Please make a selection
-------------------------------------
1.  Install for development [compile, load seed & demo data]
2.  Install for production [compile, load seed]
-------------------------------------
3.  Recompile [compile]
4.  List compiler information

==========PRESS 'Q' TO QUIT==========

Please select a number:

The screen should have looked like above and the option you selected should have been 2. If that is the case, then the admin account has not been installed. The “admin” account, just like any other account are part of the demo data and thus require you to run the installation for “development” use. The reasoning here is that most people change the “seed data” (initial data) on their own installation before actually using it in a production environment and all other info is just for shows.

You can fix this in two ways:

1. reinstall with the installer and select the option "1"
    or

2. Setup an admin account via command line:

ant create-admin-user-login

You will be prompted for the password.

Be aware, however, that the second option will leave you with a pretty much empty system, so if this is your first installation, we really do encourage you to setup your system first with the demo before modifying it all to fit your own needs with a blank copy.

Let me know if this works for you :slight_smile:

Now my system is working!
Thank you!