ERROR rendering error page

[/control/error], but here is the error text: org.ofbiz.widget.renderer.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen [component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Template location is empty with search string location ${headerTemplateLocation} (Template location is empty with search string location ${headerTemplateLocation})

The error you are seeing is a sign of the seed data not being properly installed (or if it happens in shop, that the shop is not properly configured).

As a sidenote: The error message itself has been addressed in December and you should be seeing a much nicer message. Are you running on the installer version or the github version of the system? If you are using the installer - I would recommend switching to the github version, which already has the changes applied and also has a much improved version of the setup-component, so it is easier to handle the underlying data issue…

I am getting this error after re-installing the github version and running scipio-erp\start.bat. Ofbiz database gets created just fine and the framework loads. When i try to start localhost:8443/admin or https://localhost:8443/accounting/control/main in Firefox no screen in rendered and the follow text message appears:

ERROR rendering error page [/control/error], but here is the error text: org.ofbiz.widget.renderer.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen [component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Template location is empty with search string location ${headerTemplateLocation} (Template location is empty with search string location ${headerTemplateLocation})

Have you run the install.bat as outlined in the installation instructions? If so, which option did you select?