Do we have any video how to use this erp?

hi,
Do we have video demo how to use this erp?
I am trying to do below things but not sure how to do.

1. Just like Amazon allow people to add their products to sell.
  2. Display products of that store.
  3. Allow vendors to only edit their products.
  4. I am not understanding store?

Could you please help?

Hi athorat,

First off, bare in mind this software is very generic, so it can be adopted by lots of companies from different industries/sectors so it’s common to not find everything included out-of-the-box.

I am assuming here that you want to create a marketplace like Amazon. If that is the case, we’ve implemented marketplace projects already so this is absolutely possible to be done with ScipioERP. However, it may require a bit of customization depending on the path you take eventually. I also assume that you took a look at our documentation, which may not include all you are looking for, but can serve as a good starting point:

So, answering your questions briefly:

1,2,3: You can implement this in different ways and probably the most easy ones would be: having multiple stores with a single catalog and bind vendors to each one or having a single store with multiple catalogs, so each catalog belongs to a vendor. Both may have their pros & cons but this is something one can be done without code changes (or just a few). Basically, just data adjustments. I’d need more input about your specific scenario to give you a more appropriate answer.

4: Can you elaborate further? Which parts don’t you understand concretely?

Thank you for the detailed answer.
I was looking the steps sequence to setup any store.
Which step i should do first.
Like is this the correct sequence.

1. Create Store
  2. Create Warehouse
  3. Create Vendor
  4. Create account
  5. Create organization
  6. Create Party (Not sure what is difference between Person and Customer and owner)
  7. Create Catalog
  8. Create categories
  9. Associate categories.
  10. Create products;
  11. Assign products to categories.
  12. Create warehouse inventory
  13. Create shipping details
  14. Create payment details
  15. create tax details

So please confirm which steps i should follow.

Hi athorat,

Basically you almost got it. Actually I realize now that I forgot to post a link for the setup wizard which will help you across all these steps in a more friendly way.

First of all, let me clarify some things:

• Parties are basically users and can have multiple peculiarities depending on how they are configured. Most of the times they will be defined by type and role so a combination of both determines what they are and what they can do through the system.
  • Accounts are tight to parties, so once you setup a party you may or may not add an account to it. For example, a tax authority exists as a party with its corresponding role but has no account associated. No one is meant log in as a tax auth internally basically but it’s needed in order to be referenced in an accounting transaction post.

This is how you should get start with:

1. Create an internal organization (basically a Party of type INTERNAL_ORGANIZATIO + PartyGroup).
  2. Setup accounting by selecting the desired accounting standard (by default US_GAAP is the only one avaiable). You can purchase German, Austrian and Spanish ones from our online store and install them as addons it those suit your needs. Then you’ll be able to configure fiscal periods, tax auths, etc.
  3. Create a warehouse and add all its contact mechanisms you want (ie: address, phone, etc.)
  4. Create a store and associate the warehouse you’ve created before to it. Add a new website but be aware that the ID you provide is the one you’ll have to add in the websiteId context-param of your shop web-app.
  5. Create catalogs, categories and products accordingly. You can always complete your setup in a more advanced way by using the Catalog manager (PIM)
  6. Create all the users you need and assign them the proper roles (ie: Customer, Vendor…). Same here, you can always complete your setup in a more advanced way by using the User manager

This is basically all you can configure by using our setup wizard. Then for a more specific stuff (we will probably expose all these in the setup wizard at some point);

1. In order to configure your shipping details, go here
  2. For configuring your payment details (I guess you are referring to Payment gateways like Paypal) go here.
  3. And finally, for setting up you tax details (beyond tax auth creation) go here

Hopefully I covered more or less your needs and pretty much the needs for any basic setup. If you have any further question related to setup in general, just reply to this post. Otherwise, if you have a more specific question, open a new ticket, if you don’t mind.

Thank you sir for detailed info.

From my understanding so far i think i have to do below things please correct me if i am wrong.

1. we can have single shop.
  2. Insider that we can create one or more catalogs and make it visible on single shop created at step 1.

and then
1, Create accounts for multiple small businesses.
2, Create warehouses and link with step one account
3. Allow small businesses to add their product and link those products to their warehouses.
4. Now uses will go to website and place order for specific product and that order will be shown in linked warehouse.
5, The use group created for warehouse will see the orders and ship it.

if above is correct then which role i can assign to account group so that they can only see orders placed for their warehouse products. I don’t want them to see other orders.

what is relation between role and security group?
because i have created catalog admin group and given catalog admin permissions but still not able to login with the new user to catalog. permission provided - "CATALOG_ADMIN ALL operations in the Catalog Manager. "
https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/login
error : You cannot login to this application
appreciate your help

The steps you posted make sense. What I’d probably do is to create a PartyGroup with role INTERNAL_ORGANIZATIO and link it to its corresponding ProductCatalog. See https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/EditProdCatalogParties?prodCatalogId=DemoCatalog
You can do the same for Facility and FacilityRole. However, that’s not exposed in the UI, but it could be easily added/implemented. I think that I understand what you are trying to do and based on my previous experience with similar projects I can tell you that it is totally feasible. Be aware though, that you may have to adjust and customize several aspects, basically in order to restrict unauthorized access from other businesses. Apart of that, I think you are on the right track.

On the other hand, Security groups enforce permissions basically, which are needed to authenticate into apps or run services whereas roles enforce restrictions on a the business level (who can do what depending on the role/s assigned). In your case, assign OFBTOOLS_VIEW permission to your
new user.