Can't start Scipio

Ok I’m feeling like having a trouble with taking babysteps.

I followed installation steps successfully. After started Scipio Server as administrator, i tried to access Scipio ERP backoffice (from https://localhost:8443/admin link) and i get this error message.

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

type Exception report

message java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:176)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:396)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:340)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:326)
root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.index_jsp
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:131)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:62)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:171)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:396)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:340)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/8.0.33 logs.

I’m not even sure this is the proper way to access Scipio app. I’m desperate.

Please help.

Hey,

not to worry - that shouldn’t be a huge problem.

Can you give us some more info about your setup? What OS are you using and how did you install Scipio ERP? Using an installer, or the source?

Cheers,
Paul

I’m using Windows 8.1 64bit. I used installer.

Ok, most likely this is due to the write permissions not being granted correctly (either during installation or start). Typically the installer will assume the admin rights to be set during installation and then install in a directory that has read/write access for the application to run.

Did you perhaps change the install directory to c:\program_files or similar during installation?If so, then the system is most likely not setup correctly. The easiest way to fix this is to make sure you run the installer as admin and keep the proposed directory as is - which should be your own user directory. So i propose to fully uninstall, restart and reinstall.

The second option is to recheck / reinstall manually (go to the source directory, run the install.bat and select 1) and check for errors during installation (there should be write-errors if you are not allowed to write to the directory). Afterwards you will have to make sure that the application is run with a user that has the correct user settings for the directory.

The latter is of course more difficult - unfortunately it all has to do with the way newer windows versions handle applications that are installed into the programs directory.

I did the first solution and now this error comes when i try to access scipio.

HTTP Status 500 - Could not get next sequenced ID for sequence name: Visitor

type Exception report

message Could not get next sequenced ID for sequence name: Visitor

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not get next sequenced ID for sequence name: Visitor
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator.getNextSeqId(GenericDelegator.java:2515)
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator.getNextSeqId(GenericDelegator.java:2503)
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericEntity.setNextSeqId(GenericEntity.java:626)
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator.createSetNextSeqId(GenericDelegator.java:789)
org.ofbiz.webapp.stats.VisitHandler.getVisitor(VisitHandler.java:245)
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:191)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/8.0.33 logs.

It seems like a permission error to me but couldnt pass beyond only giving administiration permission while starting the server. What should i do?

Taken from the error I think that your database wasn’t cleared prior to reinstallation. The error you see is thrown by an event that tracks user request. I don’t think that this should result in a 500 error seen on page, but at least that’s what the error you posted is all about.

To be precise, the error comes from the auto-increment not being able to work, because there is already data in the table. The easiest way is to clean the data and reinstall. There ar options available for this when runing install.bat.

Please try that and post the result. Also: it would be helpful if you could attach the logs here if this wasn’t of any help. You can find them in runtime/logs.

Btw - I think that also means that you are either running on an external database (mysql or alike) or didn’t change the folder like I mentioned. If the latter, then please reinstall and make sure you choose a directory under c:/

Perhaps I should also mention: resetting your database will destroy your data there, so if you ad any data in there that is worth keeping, let me know and we will find another option for you

Hi,

I reinstalled Scipio via installer with giving administirator priority and didn’t change target installation folder.(left as c:/User/Tolga/ScipioERP )

The error log is too long to post so i uploaded to dropbox. Here is the link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf1fqhbiqtey64k/error.log?dl=0

Seems like you changed the db connection settings, but didn’t setup your own db or anything of that sorts:

Caused by: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Unable to acquire a new connection from the pool)

That’s something you have to look at first. If you just want to try out our software, i recommend to select “derby” (the default option) when the installer asks you to select your db. That way the system will automatically setup in a usable way.

Otherwise, i fear that you will have to reconfigure your db. It is easiest to reuse the installer for all this again, but if you don’t want to do that, then we got a manual configuration guide available, which will guide you through the steps:

http://www.scipioerp.com/community/developer/installation-configuration/configuration/

Unfortunately, without a correct DB connection, there is no way the system can be setup and run correctly - hence all the errors you are seeing.The installer will actually allow you to test the db connection, before moving on to the next step, so please make sure to do so before continuing with the installation.

While i was installing i left everything as default option, just click next wait to complite installation.

Anyway I think i found myself another user friendly ERP software which works perfectly fine.

Thank you for your help and fast response.

Hi Tolga,

it’s a shame that you didn’t get Scipio to run on your system. Our installers have been tested with care and so far performed quite well to all our knowledge.

Good luck with the other ERP system, however and thanks for reporting the issue.

Regards,
Paul

P.S.: After looking back into your logs, i really do assume that the user permission played a crucial role in your case. I will forward the learnings internally, so that the other devs can take a look into it.

One last note, perhaps:

Unfortunately i missed this line over the weekend

Caused by: org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException: The database directory ‘C:\Users\TOLGA\ScipioERP\runtime\data\derby\ofbiz’ exists. However, it does not contain the expected ‘service.properties’ file. Perhaps Derby was brought down in the middle of creating this database. You may want to delete this directory and try creating the database again.

Had i seen it sooner, i guess it would have been more telling, as it really does seem that you installed over an existing db, which then lead to problems or that the installation didn’t run through succesfully when you used the installer

Again, sorry that it didn’t work out for you. Best of luck.

Hi,

I really wanted to use Scipio on my computer so i finially got time to format my system for fresh start. However, i was be able to success at more installation steps now i stuck at first step. I’m getting this error message.

[INFO] logger started at Tue Nov 15 23:19:55 EET 2016
[INFO] executable name: C:\Users\Tolga\Downloads\ScipioERP_windows-x64_1_14_2.exe
[INFO] install4j version: 6.1.2 (build 6275)
[INFO] Properties:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/ilscipio/scipio/installer/install4j/actions/ScipioLoadDataAction
Continuing …
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: =XMLDecoder.new();
Continuing …
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The outer element does not return value
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
Continuing …
[ERROR] Exception during instantiation of bean ID 446
[ERROR] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FinishedScreen cannot be cast to com.install4j.api.actions.Action
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FinishedScreen cannot be cast to com.install4j.api.actions.Action
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.ActionBeanConfig.setBean(ActionBeanConfig.java:92)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.AbstractBeanConfig.finishBatch(AbstractBeanConfig.java:54)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.registerScreens(ContextImpl.java:685)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Controller.java:66)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Installer.java:59)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:65)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:101)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:26)
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.install4j.runtime.beans.screens.FinishedScreen cannot be cast to com.install4j.api.actions.Action
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.ActionBeanConfig.setBean(ActionBeanConfig.java:92)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.AbstractBeanConfig.finishBatch(AbstractBeanConfig.java:54)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.registerScreens(ContextImpl.java:685)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Controller.java:66)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Installer.java:59)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:65)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:101)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:26)

Please help :’(

Ok, that is an interesting one. Can you post me a Screenshot of when this error is thrown? Is it after xou went through all the installer steps, or when the installer loads?

I just redownloaded the Scipio ERP installer from our website, in hopes of finding the error there. But all seems to be installing fine.

The log you posted points to a missing Class - ScipioLoadDataAction, which is actually used by the installer. Since I just checked the file, i got a feeling that either your download was corrupt (the file size should be around 130mb) or that you don’t have the prerequisits installed (java etc.) or that your settings may be causing a conflict in a later stage.

Can you open up a command-line window and run the following command for me?

java -version

Please post the result here, along with the screenshots i requested. If you changed the settings during the installer steps, please post these also.

After i clicked installation file, nothing happens but error file pops out. (I redownloaded installer but nothing changes, 130.585kb file size)

My java version is 1.7.0_79-b15
Java Hotspot 64- Bit server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

Ok, I will have to look into this a bit further. I fear that there must be some weird condition on your end that is causing all this, but it will take us some time to analyze.

Meanwhile: Instead of using the installer, i recommend to checkout from git and compile the source. It isn’t complicated and well documented here:

http://www.scipioerp.com/community/developer/installation-configuration/

I know it isn’t the most convenient, but can you give that a try? It should not take long at all and is probably far easier than debugging why the installer doesn’t work for you :wink: