Can I remove all the First-Level Applications?

Scipio is a very good framework.
I want to remove all the First-Level Applications? Can I do this?

Hey Hanyou,

glad you like the system - that is awesome feedback!

Unfortunately, most of the first-level applications are inter-connected, so if you disable them, the others won’t work. It really depends on your use-case though. If you just want to disable the web-applications (so that there is no backoffice or such), you can actually comment out the webapps in each of the ofbiz-component.xml files, like so:

<!--<webapp name="accounting"
    title="Accounting"
    server="default-server"
    location="webapp/accounting"
    base-permission="OFBTOOLS,ACCOUNTING"
    mount-point="/accounting"/>-->

There are several though, so make sure you disable the ones you want. Depending on if you just want to get rid of the UI, then this may work in most cases - but be careful and check if the application you want to keep running still works.

As a more agressive alternative: Depending on what you want to do, you can also check the component-load.xml file in /applications and disable the entire components though, but again, this may throw some errors.

Is there some specific use-case you have in mind? Perhaps if you share a bit more of what you want to accomplish we can help you with that :slight_smile:

I just want to deliver a CRM system to my customers. How to do?

Okay, well in that case: CRM is dependent on party, order, product & content and there may be more dependencies from within some of the screens & services. So I really do recommend to simply turn off the webapps for the other applications and the CRM component by itself “should” continue to work (though obviously I haven’t tested it) if you want to get rid of the UIs entirely.

But: Performance wise it will not make a huge difference, which is why I may actually recommend a different option for you: if you are not “really” trying to trim down the application, then perhaps you can just leave the components as they are and change the user permissions so that they only see the CRM component. We created that as a demo case: https://www.scipioerp.com/demo/ . If you login as either “DemoLeadOwner” or “DemoLeadOwner1” you will see that they can only have partial access to the applications.

I want to develop a CRM system separately, without using this internal CRM application.

Ok, well still:

If you want to use any of the entities (database tables), functions, services or events from any of the first level applications, then you should leave the components where they are and perhaps just disable the webapps. Or better yet, just add your own component to hot-deploy and leave the other components untouched.

If you don’t care for any of it, then you can remove or preferrably disable them. But be mindful that you lose alot of the technologies. You should also always keep solr and commonext, securityext active, as other core functionalities depend on it.

I should add:

Whatever you do, you can always revert back, so give it a try and let us know how it works out :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your reply.